Monday, March 28, 2011

Final Summary

In summation, I was pleased that I was able to connect so many relevant applications to my idea to expand my original thoughts and see how realistically I could plan and approach running a business with my idea. For this reason, I'm glad someone forced me to think about my idea from many different professional angles I would not have otherwise, using IT infrastructure that would apply in the real world. To recap, my entrepreneurial idea was to have an enhanced smartphone that was capable of projecting the image on your screen onto a large display on any clear, flat (ideally white) surface, in effect acting as a mini-projector.

The idea would be as you take your phone around with you, you could use it to show several pictures, documents, presentations, videos, etc. at one time in one big, clear display so you're not all huddled around a small screen of a phone and no one has to crane their necks, especially if it's something you want a big group to see. Your always ready to present something in an audience-friendly display wherever there's a surface RGB light can clearly be projected on to, which isn't too hard to find these days in homes and offices. It's so small you wouldn't even need to carry around an iPad, which my display would still be dwarfed by and which is not pocket-friendly.

The essentials of my idea remained the same, but it was good to think through how I would incorporate social media into my business for marketing purposes, Excel for bookkeeping and financial recording purposes, thinking about the data capacity of my device with bits & bytes, securing personal financial information electronically, like with https and TSL/SSL protocol, tracking product supply and inventory, and managing the brand's online image.

I think this project was a good idea because I stuck with one idea and developed it from different angles in ways I would not have thought of before, but I was really forced to flesh it out in ways that people in the working world routinely have to deal with. I was forced to think more thoroughly and comprehensively about my idea about how it would work from a wide variety of perspectives. So it's a good mindset to stay in to think about how these realistic applications of technologies could be applied to a new start-up idea like mine and then develop your idea into a successful business.

3 (out of the 5 total I believe) blogs I commented on were:
everythingbutorange.blogspot.com

rolandsbrightidea.blogspot.com

http://thektriplerist195.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog about the Mobile Projection Device. Love the way that you use lots of class materials to build up the idea, and I can see the connection between those. I mean if our cellphones have an app that can be used as a removable mini-projector, it will make life much easier for academic institutions, businessmen, or everyone.

    ReplyDelete